Parker

Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers

Caleb

Lilypie Third Birthday tickers

Wednesday, December 9, 2009

Christmas Decorations

I love projects and love using my Design degree to create wonderful Christmas decorations. Today my best friend and I decided to make a mailbox decor out of the clippings from our tree and then things in her yard. WOW! I love it and it looks so professional. People pay lots of money for these and I did it for free.
Our beautiful mailbox. I might add a bow to it, but will have to make one from my stash of ribbon. Again another project I enjoy doing over the years.
I bought this metal tree from my best friend and decided to put it on a wreath and put one of my homemade bows on it. Love it!
On Tuesday for our MOMS bible study we had the owner of Hot House Design (florist) come in to show us how to make a christmas decoration. I was all over this one and it was super easy and so much fun. It looks like the Whoville tree from the Grinch that stole Christmas. This is something that I could make every year and hopefully a neighbo around me with have a cedar tree to be able to cut some clippings from to make this again.
My car has turned into a reindeer for Christmas. For years I have noticed these and loved them. Well David surprised me with these as a early Christmas gift. He had a lot of fun ordering them online and then dropping me hints of what my gift could be. It was like old times with me wanting to know NOW what my gift was and him having fun leading me on with hints.
Years ago, David bought me reindeer antlers, angel and santa headbands. I used to wear these at work just for fun. (I also would wear a crown that was given by my boss) Those were the days when I loved my job so much because we had fun and didn't let the stress of deadlines get to us. I am super excited about my antlers and red nose on my car. The boys love them and so do lots of the moms at Parker's school. Today while in the drive thru at the bank an older man (grandpa) told me he liked my antlers and bet that my kids liked them to and how fun for them to see them. Merry Christmas from the Crossmans. When you see these around your town, think of us drivin around in Birmingham.

No comments: