Parker

Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers

Caleb

Lilypie Third Birthday tickers

Tuesday, September 22, 2009

My Grandmother


On Sunday night, my mom's mother passed away at 6:30 pm. This year we thought we would loose my grandpa first, but at last Grandma went first. My Grandfather was by her side all day long and was able to give her four kisses throughout the day with the help of others lifting him up to her. There love for each other and God is purely a wonderful example to all of us. My parents are travleing to Michigan today and then my 3 sisters will be going up there as well. I wish that I could be there as well to see my family say goodbye to our grandmother, but that just isn't possible at the moment. I will be there in spirit and hopefully one day soon, I will be able to visit her graveside.
Today I have been thinking of making my grandma's rice krispy treats. She used to always make them for us when we would visit and they were my favorite. Of course they will never be like hers, since she always had a knack of making them just right.
Here is the newspaper clipping from the paper in Michigan.

Edna Mae Hall (Nederveld)

HALL - Edna Mae (Nederveld) Hall, aged 93, of Jenison, went to be with her Heavenly Father in Heaven on Sunday, September 20, 2009 in the presence of her family. She will be greatly missed by her loving husband, Burton H. Hall, of 70 years. Her four children, Barbara and Lee Brinks of Jenison, Judy and Marvin Van Rhee of Hudsonville, Rosemary and Dennis Wiggers of St. Louis, MO, Jack and Marlene Hall of Hudsonville; 14 grandchildren; 40 great grandchildren; five great great grandchildren; two sisters, Laverne Bellamy of Grand Rapids, Joyce Nynebrink of Hudsonville; sisters-in-law, Muriel and John Huizenga of Byron Center, Mildred Hall of Grand Rapids; many nieces, nephews and cousins. Funeral services will be held Thursday at 11:00 a.m. at the Jamestown Reformed Church with Rev. Ralph Robrahn officiating. Interment Jamestown Cemetery. Friends may meet with the family at the funeral home on Wednesday from 2 to 4 and 6 to 8 p.m. Memorial contributions may be made to the Jamestown Reformed Church Missionary Fund. VANDERLAAN-HUDSONVILLE www.vanderlaanfuneralhome.net

1 comment:

livinginthemidwest said...

I'm sorry for your loss. But what an amazing legacy of a godly woman who has been blessed by a husband of 70 years and was blessed with so many children, grand-children and great grand-children. What a blessing for you to have a grandmother like that.