Parker

Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers

Caleb

Lilypie Third Birthday tickers

Tuesday, May 26, 2009

Love it when I save money!

A few months back our Bible Study group MOMS had a guest speaker to talk to us about how she spends $400 a month on groceries and paper products for a family of 9. Yes she only spends around $400. So she gave us all great tips and advice on how to get there as well. It doesn't happen over night, but can in about a year.
So it has been my goal and passion now to really save and see how God can make our money stretch for our family. She used the illustration of feeding the 5,000 and how God has given us this money and will bless it every week. So each week I pray that God will guide me to get the neccessary things for our family and to see God in all of it.
Well this week, I saved 140% on groceries and used the most coupons ever today.
I had $17.25 worth of coupons and with the special savings at Publix this week, I then saved $51.87 and only spent $35.43 of our own money. WOW I couldn't believe it. God is great. It makes me feel so good to see that I too can save big at the grocery store.

1 comment:

livinginthemidwest said...

Wow! I wish that worked here in Hawaii. They have expensive and then they have a little less expensive. But I still try to find the discounts and sales. I usually plan my menu around what's on sale that week. :o)