Parker

Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers

Caleb

Lilypie Third Birthday tickers

Wednesday, November 25, 2009

Traditions

A few weeks ago for my MOMS bible study we had a lady speak on Traditions throughout the year for your family. It got me thinking what has been our traditions with both David and my family and then what new traditions can we come up with as a family of 4. For the last 4 years we have gotten Parker's handprint put on a custom ornament by Do It Yourself Crafts in town here. I love this place and so does Parker. Over the years we have gotten his handprints and footprints put on plates. So this year we have now started Caleb's handprint and will do more with his prints in the future. Caleb's hand on the left and Parker's custom design on the right
Wow look how big Parker's handprint is on the right. So glad that we have done this every year
While we waited to get their prints done, Parker panited these ornaments for our tree. We now have a nice collection of these as well. I love Christmas decorations and especially ones that have meaning to them.
Another item that we got done a few years ago for Parker was a custom pumpkin. Well this year we had to get one for Caleb as well. We almost weren't able to have one carved for us since the lady who does them had a heart attack and wasn't do very many this year. While I was recovering from surgery, I asked David to go paint Caleb's pumpkin and for Parker to go along to paint some items. They had a lot of painting together and trying to keep what they painted a secret from me until I picked them up a week later.
On Friday morning this place will be open very early and is offering some Black Friday deals. I am so tempted to go and do some more items of the boys prints. So we will have to see how we feel on Friday morning if we can go.
Our custom "C" pumpkin on our front door. My best friend has a metal business on the side and she gave this one to me just because. I love how it looks on our front door.
I had asked her a few months ago, if she could paint a "cross" for me to put on our back patio area. Last week I finally got it and boy do I love it. It now makes our sitting area in the back more complete.

No comments: