Parker

Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers

Caleb

Lilypie Third Birthday tickers

Wednesday, February 25, 2009

Sick Parker

This has been a very rough week (last 4 days). Parker got sick on Saturday night with croup again while we were at the beach. He then kept us up for 3 nights in a row with the bad coughing fits and fever. I took him to the doctor on Tuesday and there isn't much more that they could do for him. It just has to run it's course. Since Parker has been by my side all day and night, I am exhausted and was a bit crabby on Tuesday night. Last night, Parker started getting a rash on his face and it was spreading to his tummy and legs by bed time. This morning he woke up and had a fever again and was so red all over with bumps. Of course I called the doctor's office again and they to wait until Thursday to see if his fever was down. Well I called back this afternoon, since the rash was getting worse even with taking Bendrayl all night/day. They were able to see me right away and it was Hives. We think he is now allergic to pencillian. He was taking it for a clogged tear duct for the last 10 days. So now I feel so much better that we know what the rash is and hopefully we will soon have our normal happy son back.
This was a picture at a friend's birthday party a few weeks ago. I will post some beach pictures soon. Parker had so much fun at beach jumping the waves with Daddy.

1 comment:

livinginthemidwest said...

I had the same reaction to penicillin in high school. Do you remember that? It was after our senior trip and I was out of school for about a week partly because I didn't want to come to school all red and splotchy from the hives. So when I did come back I wore a turtle neck and a long dress to cover up all the redness. Pretty miserable. Glad he's on the mend though and I hope you all can get some good sleep now.